Look… I am not one to really give a shit about celebrities (which as a blogger isn’t the best scenario) but tonight I had quite the encounter. I stopped by The Jane around 1AM to visit my dear friend Michael Baltra, AKA DJ MSB (MSBMSB) who DJs there every Wednesday night. I quickly chat up Angelo Bianchi, who is hosting my BDay dinner at Rubirosa, and shimmy my way over to the DJ booth. I say my hellos to party boys Josh Menendez and Jake Lamogo and formally introduce myself to owners Matt Kliegman and Carlos Quirarte. I’ve meet them (Matt + Carlos) briefly in passing before, but after checking out The Smile, loving the Jane, and anxious to check out Westway, I wanted get to know them. After coming from Bunker, just chillin at The Jane was a sigh of relief. A Stella, a shot of Jamo. It’s all a girl needs. People started to bounce and head over to Kenmare around 2-2:30, but in an effort to “behave” I decided staying Jane was my best bet.
Half the room started to clear out around 2AM, dwindling down to a small intimate group – maybe 20-25 people. DJ MSB just put on TLC’s ‘Creep’ and ya know…I had to start breaking it down… that’s my JAM. Mid dance party my friend points out to me, “Isn’t that the Olsen twins?” – I turn around, and in the dim light I look strong and hard, and confirm — we indeed have an Olsen sighting. I’m not gonna lie… when your face to face, and not one to really follow celebrity gossip, it is quite hard to tell them apart. I was also a little drunk, okay maybe more than a little. but here is what I can recall:
- Ashley Olsen was wearing a navy polka-dot skirt with a creme colored sweater, and a big furry hat.
- Mary-Kate (‘MK’) was wearing black jeans, and a tan meshy sweater, and what may or may not have been a belt made out of bullets.
- It was Sundance (Martha Marcy May Marlene) superstar, Lizzie Olsen’s 22nd Birthday. Lizzie also thinks I look 22 – which makes her my new favorite person.
- They were with a guy named Charlie who is a promoter ( I think?!) at Jane on Wednesday nights. I’m not sure who is, but apparently he was on “The Hills.” He is also awesome… kinda cute… and a pretty sweet dancer.
- Ashley called it a night around 3AM, Lizzie and MK partied it up until after 4AM.
- MK – also pretty sweet dancer. And when MSB played ‘The Time of My Life’ from Dirty Dancing, her and Charlie attempted to the ‘”the lift” and almost nailed it. At first glance, you wouldn’t think the Olsen twins would be good dancers but they def have some moves. Props.
- Oh also, I know you are all wondering, they all looked very, very healthy.
- For how famous these ladies are, they are super cool, down to earth, and not pretentious AT ALL.
- I may or may not have offended an Olsen by asking MK what her name was… but like I said before, I honestly could not tell them apart. I could have taken a guess based on their style but, I mean, you never know.
Long story short for those who want to “quote” me on this…
“Mary Kate, Ashley, and Lizzie Olsen met up with friends Charlie Smith, Matt Kliegman, and Carlos Quirarte at The Jane Hotel to celebrate Lizzie’s 22nd Birthday. The sisters rocked out to DJ MSB “All Night Long” as they danced with friends, had a good time, and overall kept it real.”
PS: Lizzie Olsen if you happen to be reading this, I was serious when I said 22 was the best year of my life. Happy Birthday and enjoy it.